Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I use an eeprom in place of eprom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patternman

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can we replace program of eprom and eeprom

Can I replace a 2732A eprom with an eeprom and if so how would I find out which one?
How about a 2804 eeprom?
I've tried searching for answer on google and forums with no luck.
I found an article that said an Atmel AT29C256 eeprom could replace a 27C128 eprom by
"You can do one of two things: either make sure you program the BIN into the last 16Kb of the 32Kb EEPROM (using options on your programmer) or just double the BIN using DOS commands and then program the EEPROM. For the DOS method just take the BIN you wish to program and name it test1.bin. Copy it. Rename the copy test2.bin. Finally, go to a DOS prompt and type "copy /b test1.bin+test2.bin test.bin" (without the quotes). You now have a doubled BIN called test.bin that you can program the AT29C256."
Which led me to think that there may be an eeprom to use in place of the 2732a eprom.
Thanks in advance.

atmel at28c32

Atmel AT28C32 (in the DIL package) ..
However, this chip is no longer listed on their website, so it's probably out of production ..

The next size up is the AT28C64, but it is 28-pin DIL ..

Basically you have the following options:
- try to find "old" 2732 ..
- replace 2732 with 27C64 or 28C64 and "build" an IC-adapter that will convert 28-pin 64 to 24-pin 32 with address line A12 connected to 0V ..

Regards,
IanP

patternman

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
IanP said:
- replace 2732 with 27C64 or 28C64 and "build" an IC-adapter that will convert 28-pin 64 to 24-pin 32 with address line A12 connected to 0V ..

Regards,
IanP
Can anyone tell me of a site that may have a drawing of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back