Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can i see the contents of .tch file without .ict file ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ac123

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
qrctechfile

Hi,

I have a .tch file which i use for extraction using qrc. I understand that .tch file is a binary file created from .ict file using techgen.

I dont have the .ict file from me. Is there any way I can see the contents of the the .tch file?? (similiar to libgen -ls showing the summary of the .cl library)??

Regards
ac123

tsmc .tch file .6

ICT file is from the UMC fab and .tch is from the TSMC fab so in order to get the ict file u need to ask ur vendor thts wt i can say

Bye take care

Added after 40 seconds:

.tch file is a binary file u can't see that i guess
Bye take care

techgen ict

Hi,vlsitechnology
As you said that ICT file is from the UMC fab and .tch is from the TSMC fab, I only have the ICT file,but in SOC encounter it need .tch file,how to convent? TKS

.tch file for qrc

hi vlsi
am not sure of UMC, we generaaly get data from TSMC and the downloaded bundle contains both ict file and the qrctechfiles , and the ict file will be in ascii format whih will be used for generating the capTables,,,

ac123,
am very new to this techgen , wht this tool is used for ??

Re: .tch file for qrc

Hai

If you have ICT file and lef file of UMC or TSMC , you genrate tch for that particular foundary using rcgen tool.

Viswanadh Babu

.tch file for qrc

It is possible to generate ( recover) ICT file from .tch file. I do not rember exectly what was commend for that but it should be there in RCGen's command manual or you can ask for command to cadence support

.tch file for qrc

i was having a related doubt with the extraction,,,,,,
as a input qrc tool,,we generally provide qrcTechfile,,,,, one tech.lef file which contains information about the layers resi,cap....etc, and one macros lef which gives information about the metal layers consumed by the macros,,,,

so my doubt is when qrcTechfile has all the information required to estimate the resistance of the metals,, why the tech.lef file is required ?

.tch file for qrc

am searching for rcgen tool,,, which tool contains this utiligy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back