Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I give supply and signal to a controller from different sources?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibrar

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All

i have a question

if i give supply to a controller from one source and give it a signal from another supply source will it detect the signal or not

thanks

Re: Question

it will detect but if your grounds of the two supplies are not the same then there would be a shift in the actual input....

It is not mandatory that the two grounds be connected together... there a many isolation devices and circuit configurations are available to avoid this problem of different grounds...

A.Anand Srinivasan said:
It is not mandatory that the two grounds be connected together... there a many isolation devices and circuit configurations are available to avoid this problem of different grounds...

well, if he wants to sense that signal/supply then the has to be a potential difference. And, then it comes... what he is sensing...

well, if he wants to sense that signal/supply then the has to be a potential difference. And, then it comes... what he is sensing...

i dont know whether you are supporting my point or not... it aint clear....

but what i mean is that the signals can be easily feed using optocouplers and transformers without necessarily having to short the two grounds....[/quote]

A.Anand Srinivasan said:

i dont know whether you are supporting my point or not... it aint clear....

but what i mean is that the signals can be easily feed using optocouplers and transformers without necessarily having to short the two grounds....

supporting of course :)
i was just saying basic principle (potential difference thing...) and then saying that the main issue is to understand what he is sensing (inputs, outputs, levels needed, price estimate, sensitivity, precision...). Sorry for not being clear...lack of time and a bit of lazynes.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back