Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can I get the digital buffer to do this

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliyesami

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to convert 3.2 volts to about 4.5 volts.
so if i use a buffer chip say 74LS07 , i can connect its VCC to 4.5v supply n then supply the input of buffer with a 3.2v signal.
will i get the output as 4.5 v?

thanks
Sami

The old 74LS series are 5 V devices with 10% voltage variation. So 4.5V is the minimum guaranteed operating voltage. Therefore if you run it on a 4.5V you have no margin, and if the voltage droops for any reason you will be running the part outside it's recommended operating conditions.

The part has a Vih of 2V so 3.2V will be recognized as a logic high.

The old 74LS series are 5 V devices with 10% voltage variation. So 4.5V is the minimum guaranteed operating voltage. Therefore if you run it on a 4.5V you have no margin, and if the voltage droops for any reason you will be running the part outside it's recommended operating conditions.

The part has a Vih of 2V so 3.2V will be recognized as a logic high.
so basically my theory is correct just have to increase the VCC on buffer or use a newer buffer?

i really need an answer to this can anyone help?
basically i want to drive the 5v SIM module with my 3.3v micro so i need to translate signals between 3v and 5v .

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

i really need an answer to this can anyone help?
basically i want to drive the 5v SIM module with my 3.3v micro so i need to translate signals between 3v and 5v .

thanks

Hi,

only very old SIM cards use 5V. Are you sure you need 5V?

You talk about supply voltage. But good old (5V supply) TTL levels are low: <0.7V and High >2.0V. So a modern (3.3V supplied) microcontroller usually is well within specification.

check datasheet: SN74AHCT1G125.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back