Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can i fix my spartan 3a starter kit after i plug to it 12V?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elnegm

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i plugged 12 v dc source to my spartan 3a starter kit , what i saw that the LP3906 voltage regulator has burned so I'll try to fix it,Are there other thing to do to fix the board, if any one faced this kind of problems please replay as soon as possible
Thanks in advance

the FPGA is dead i guess.

few years back when probing signal, my connector touched one pin on a Spartan-2, and spark! It's gone.

I guess FPGAs are very volatile.

Re: Can i fix my spartan 3a starter kit after i plug to it 1

I did the same thing once, replaced a couple of capacitors and it was fine. In my experiance with blowing up regulators, the circuitry they are feeding has usually survived. I may have just been lucky though.
Replace the regs, and caps if necessary - it'll either work or it wont. But it'll only cosy a couple of pounds to find out.

check the power first make sure all the voltages are correct, then try to programm the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back