Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I assign a dynamic IP address to a GPRS modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

srinivas_n0011

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai friends,

i am doing one project related to GPRS,i need to use several GPRS modems and need to assign dynamic ip addresses,and my local server controls this GPRS modems and assign to static ip address

my problem is there chance to assign dynamic ip address to the gprs modems
i have another one chance that is i need to assign ip address like

local server:127.16.1.1
gprs modem1:127.16.1.2
gprs modem3:127.16.1.3
is it possible,if u know pls send me .

Re: IP address

That will depend on your operator. Most operators will distribute NAT ip adresses. That is local addresses similar to what you have in your WiFi network.

dynamic or static IP depends on your network operator.....

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

dynamic or static IP depends on your network operator

thank you
pls send me any sugestion to my model

It is not that hard. The GPRS modem may have static or dynamic IP assigned from ISP. But you also need a new IP address assignment scheme of your own from your server. A possible solution is to connect all modems through VPN and implement your IP assignment scheme over this VPN.

Hence once you connect your GPRS modem with the ISP, VPN connection will be established with your server and a local IP will be assigned for each modem by your server for each VPN end (modem). i.e. Each modem will finally get one IP from ISP and another IP from your VPN server.

Status
Not open for further replies.