Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can HFSS simulate multi-ports with simultaneous excitations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwhero

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am simulating a two-elment microstrip antenna array using HFSS 9.0. During the simulation I have set two ports,but the status bar indicates that the two ports can not be excited simultaneously and the processing is terminated. Who can tell me how to solve this problem without modeling the feeding network explicitly? Thank you very much.

Re: Can HFSS simulate multi-ports with simultaneous excitati

I think you may be set the ports incorrectly. I have simulated 8 ports system and HFSS 9 works well.

The type I studied is a two-element aperture-coupled microstrip antenna, two lumped ports have been set to the corresponding feeding microstrip lines. Could you tell me how to set the port conditions correctly? Thank you again.

Dear MWHero,

Ask you boss to purchase MicroStripes! That's what I'm using for the past 2 months and I'd never return to HFSS!!! I simulated a 12 port antenna array with all the ports excited simultanously! Want to introduce some phase shift? No problem! Want lumped ports or microstrip ports? Not a problem again.

And for the record and for those who are monitoring this site: I'm not a costumer service engineer like others among us who are trying to keep hfss alive and in front of the competition! Those guys need to look for a new job! CST and MicroStripes will eat HFSS' clients!

Art

ArtWave said:
Dear MWHero,

Ask you boss to purchase MicroStripes! That's what I'm using for the past 2 months and I'd never return to HFSS!!! I simulated a 12 port antenna array with all the ports excited simultanously! Want to introduce some phase shift? No problem! Want lumped ports or microstrip ports? Not a problem again.

And for the record and for those who are monitoring this site: I'm not a costumer service engineer like others among us who are trying to keep hfss alive and in front of the competition! Those guys need to look for a new job! CST and MicroStripes will eat HFSS' clients!

Art

Dear ARTWAVE

Please stop posting denouncing and advertising messages!!!
Let everybody decide what software is usefull for given task.
People on this forum behaves friendly, so please conform with it.
thanks

eirp

mwhero,

you can setup the 2 ports first, then simulate this 2-antenna array, finally edit the source (including mag & phase) which you want and obtain the ADP. I used wave port in my project because my model was stripline structure. I think you could use wave port, too. Have a try?

mwhero said:
Hi, I am simulating a two-elment microstrip antenna array using HFSS 9.0. During the simulation I have set two ports,but the status bar indicates that the two ports can not be excited simultaneously and the processing is terminated. Who can tell me how to solve this problem without modeling the feeding network explicitly? Thank you very much.

you can set two port , and active two port simultaneously but you should active
them after than complete the solve by HFSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back