Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anybody tell me something about FEKO? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

electro_nemo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I just want to know what's the difference between HFSS and FEKO? I heard that FEKO is more superior in dealing with large scaled structures, is that true? what else highlights does FEKO have over HFSS? thanks a lot!

the accuracy of FEKO is worser than HFSS.

Feko works on PTD+UTD+MoM+MLFMM.HFSS works on FEM.Use of diffraction techniques makes it possible in feko to use it for big structures.

You can make your opinion yourself. You can order a free 1-month full version.
P.S.

feko is used for large scale antennas as u said and the method of calculations which purushottam mentioned is more accurate and time-saving one. this software also has reduced the calculation time by usin symmetry on E,H and geometrical which is unique in other software computaions.
but HFSS has a better result in simulation of Microwave Structures. i'm working with both in our research center and i got better results from Feko and IE3d than HFSS.

Symmetry on E,H and geometrical which isn't unique in other software computaions (It can be found in CST Microwave Studio)

For meshing, Feko requires you to actually mesh the geometry which may require a lot of time depending on the geometry. HFSS has automatic meshing so you don't have to spend a lot of time on making the meshes.

we can read this
there is a small comparison between HFSS and FEKO

I do not think FEKO is less accuracy than HFSS, In my experience, FEKO is always better than HFSS, especially for scattering/radiation problmes.

feko is the best. In fact, feko simulate very fast, good at big structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back