Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can an LED lit without power if a MOBILE TOWER IS nereby ..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronydc

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends..

can an LED lit without power if a MOBILE TOWER IS nereby ..?

if some one has already done this.. please share here the complete method.

thanks in advance..

rony.

Re: can an LED lit without power if a MOBILE TOWER IS nereby

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Interesting...
It depends a lot on the antenna radiation pattern. I live near a 5kW FM transmitter - the antenna is about 40m above ground. I tried using a small whip antenna + LC tank tuned and LED at the 1st floor of a building at about 50m from the transmitter with no luck. Maybe the shielding of the walls is to high.

It may be meaningful to start with some basic considerations of RF field strength and antenna effective height and gain. It will reveal the narrow bounds of the discussed technique. Also the literature linked by vfone does.

you might have better luck with a flourescent bulb

can any one try this and tel me the results, if i provide some sort of circuit here.? about my topic..!!

bcs i am too busy in a firmware design.

thanks.

As GSM base stations have output powers of a several 10 W only, you can expect your project to work in a vincinity of a few meters, in direct beam direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back