Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can ADS use the 2TONE PORT to call out the picture of OIP3 VS PIN? At present, it can only be called OIP3 VS PIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianian12377

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, please, because I need to see the graph of OIP3 vs Pout. But when I use 2TONE PORT,
I can only make pictures according to the PIN entered.
May I ask if I can use 2TONE PORT to simulate OIP3 and at the same time call out the picture of OIP3 vs Pout?
What settings do I need? Very grateful

The current PIN PORT setting is:
1679476263398.png

Target :
1679476163238.png

The picture that can be called now:
1679476189132.png

Very grateful

Plot "Pout vs. OIP_upper/lower"
Hello, thank you for your reply, but now I am using the PORT of 2TONE, can he deduce the value of my POUT?
Do I need to add some MeasEqn, or do I need to use voltage nodes? Please, thank you

You have already defined an equation as "OIP_average" and you got Pout that is essentially
-if the Load is 50 Ohm-

Pout=dbm(Vout[1]
Then you can easily plot Pout vs. OIP3_average.

May post above has some wrong informations.
OIP3 metric should be defined so that The Output Power for both carrier must be at least 20 dB below from P1dB Compression Point. Why ? because the system has o work in pretty linear region otherwise the definition of OIP3 will not be valid anymore.
There is a measurement in ADS to select a particular carrier in mixing indexes.
Vfc
For instance let's say there are two carriers F1 and F2 respectively.
Intermodulation Product will be either 2F1-F2 ( Low Side )or 2F2-F1 ( High Side ) then any component in this definition can be selected by using this measurement. For example ;

Vfc2=vfc(Vout,0,{2,-1})

This returns a Voltage in RMS value at desired index so at 2*F1-F2
Then this value can be plotted versus Vfc1=vfc(Vout,0,{1,0}) so the first main carrier.
dBm function should be used with sqrt(2) multiplication factor for a single particular carrier/product.

As I have told, the max. permissible carrier power must be at least 20dB lower than P1dB compression point to make the OIP3 definition is still valid.

可能上面的帖子有一些錯誤的信息。
OIP3指標,以便以便兩載波載波的功率必須比比至少至少至少至少至少至少至少壓縮壓縮壓縮20 db。點點點點點點。。。。為什麼??因為因為因為系統系統相當
ADS中有一個測量量來選擇混合指標中的特定載體。
Vfc
例如,假設計分別有兩個運營商 F1 和 F2。
互調產品將是2F1-F2(低側)或2F2-F1(高側),然後可以使用此測量量選擇此確定義中的任何組合件。

Vfc2=vfc(Vout,0,{2,-1})

這將返回所需要索引處的RMS電壓,因此在2*F1-F2
然後可以畫出這個值與Vfc1=vfc(Vout,0,{1,0}) 的關係,因此第一主波。
dBm函數與sqrt(2)倍增因子一起用於單一特定運輸商/產品。

正像我說的,最大。允許的傳輸率必須到最小比 P1dB 壓力降低到 20dB 才能使 OIP3 定義仍然有效。

Thank you very much and have a nice day.。