Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Can a serial or parallel port decode video signals from PSX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

unlving

Video Decoder

Can a serial or parallel port decode the video signals from PlayStation (PSX) so you can play on a computer screen without using a TV.?

Re: Video Decoder

i´m not familiar with the playstation signals but i don´t think u can get enough bandwith with parallel or serial ports to get thru with video. Why don´t you try to use a video board with tv input, or a capture board like those for video surviellance systems.
Anyway good luck !

Video Decoder

No I was thinking about connecting the PSX to a laptop so i can use the LCD screen.
Why cant I get enough bandwith? Then how is the parallel webcam connected to the parrallel port?

Re: Video Decoder

Web cam are low resolution 320x256 pixels, and no more than 10 images per second and they get digital signals directly, so speed to get it is not big.

Video signals are PAL or NTSC signals, they are analog signals with a carrier of 3.58 Mhz, so if you want to connect a parallel port to a video signal, you must connect an ADC and have more than 7.2Mhz of samples per second, and more than 8 bits!!!!!, it's not possible to do in this way in a parallel port. You must demodulate and digitalize the NTSC or PAL signal and store in a buffer, then maybe you can transfer to the PC via parallel or USB port.

Anyway good luck too

Video Decoder

Penrico , I know it is dum but ... can you give me the schematics please!

Video Decoder

look to links reported there :

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back