Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can a cellphone ignite gas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uwak

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is the maximum range of cellphone from gas b4 the gas explode..
pls help me ....

thnx..

Re: cell egnite gas

by gas, what exactly do you mean? because I think you are talking about fa rts! specially the smelly and noisy ones! :D
I don't know about cell phones. I never fa rted in front of my cell phone. but you can do something. light up a match or a lighter and put it in front of you as-s hole and fa rt as hard as you can!! it ignites as hell!!!!
LET THERE BE LIGHT!!!! :D:D

I totally agree with lafushta! when I read his post, I start wondering... Does the pressure can be that much that can ignite the fire that much?! well, I experimented! though a little hair was burnt around my A-ss Hole are and I could smell it. but It was very fun actually! It's like nothing I experienced before man!!! yeah! I promised to myself that I will do that everyday in my life.
I love you lafushta :D I cry for you :D

huh !!!!!!

kamalza!

what exactly do you mean by huh?!!! haaa???

uwak said:
what is the maximum range of cellphone from gas b4 the gas explode..
pls help me ....
thnx..

Actually the chances of a cellphone igniting a flamable gas is extremely low
mainly due to the fact that none of the electronics in a cellphone generate a spark
You the person are more likely to cause an ignition by generating a static discharge spark caused by clothing etc.

the TV prog "Mythbusters" did an episode on trying to ignite a flamable gas with
a cellphone and failed to do so. They tried all sorts of air/gas mixtures to no avail
and could only ignite the gas by introducing a spark or a flame into it.

Dave N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back