Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can a AT24XX programmer be used for 93XX series EEPROM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

manish12

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
AT24XX = 93XX ?
i have pic programmer which can prog 24xx series eeprom but not confirm about 93xx series eeprom.
is this both series chip are same in arch. and can be prog by one programmer ?

Re: AT24XX = 93XX ?

24XX-series use I2C bus, 93XX-family has 3-wire bus which can be reduced to 2-wire bus (DI connected together with DO), but, still, they are two different things ..

Regards,
IanP

i.e not programme by same programmer ?
but it(software) is showing the chip no.
Any addaptor needed ?

The programming procedures for 24XX and 93XX EEproms are different, but that doesn't meen that your programmer can't program EEProms form the 93XX-family ..

The operator's manual of your programmer should disclose the list of chips it can program ..

Here:
http://www.lancos.com/e2p/si-prog-v2_2.pdf
you will find examples of adapters for most popular EEProms, PICs and 8051s ..

In some cases adapters are not required, as programmers are designed in such a way that each pin is connected to a general purpose I/O that can be configured as required (input or output) ..

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back