Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can 8951 be used for making PLC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

river78

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
plc con 8051

Hi all!
I am a beginner 8051, I hear that 8051 can be used for making PLC? I have Ladderwork software, but i don't know circuit for it. If someone know about it pl help me! or help me any web-link.
Thank a lot!

plc using 8051

can you see avrplc or to **broken link removed** plc.com

atmel plc make

Thank for replying.
But do u know how to reconfig 89C51 when it operate.

making plc

Microcontroller can reconfigured using In System Programmer via rs232 or parallel port or using a dedicated programmer. it cant be reconfigured while operating some other program . to program it we have to restart or bring it to programming mode. at that poing only the flash burning ISP software will be running on the microcontroller.

8951 parallel programer

Reconfiguration possible with use of EEPROM.
Program must able to save it's parameter to EEPROM and use it when needed.
and user must able to change it through MMI program.

programmer at89c52rd2

You can use the Atmel's AT89C51ED2. It has internally 64KB of flash memory.
Atmel provides an API library for (self)programming of flash memory. It is easy to implement a core operating system, let's say in the lower 8KB segment and provide some functions to reprogram the upper segment of memory, as application memory (without using external memories).

www.stamp plc.com

Would u send an emxaple of circuit and software?

ladder at 89s8252

you can make PLC by use 8951, because S7-200 from Siemens use 8032 chip.
but you must work hard to finish this project.

good lucks.

89c51 based plc projects

river78 said:
Would u send an emxaple of circuit and software?
The AT89C52RD2 requires only power and XTAL to work. Assuming that you will need RS232 interface, TX and RX pins will be used. These let you 30 I/O pins for your application. You will not need external memory (RD2 Power!!!).

Software for programing the Flash Memory inside application (Self Programming) you can found at Atmel site: h**p://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools.asp?family_id=604
Check: "C Flash Drivers for the AT89C51RD2/ED2/ID2"

The hardware and software is very application dependable, but with these functions you can read/write any flash memory address and store there data about execution.

make plc

Yes it is possible to make PLC using 8051. SInce 8051 is a 8 bit you wont get advantage of 32 bit. Todays PLC mostly use 32 bit controllers for more I/Os.

8951 ckt

inspite of going for 8051 based PLC it is better to go for PIC16F876 which has large number of i/o .programming is easy & LadderPic is a software that can genetate ladder diagram -hex for microcontrollers. https://cq.cx/ladder.pl

8051 plc

It is not a problem if you want to expand IO number with 8051. The number of IOs is not a reason to go to 32bit, only proccesing speed.
You can expand number of IOs using SPI or I2C expanders, or using descrete 74HC components, it is very easy.

Always best proccessor is what you know better... :D

make plc using 8051

Use 32bit ARM microcontroller for more I/O and resources.

program 8051+controller with plc ladder

Yes, some of my seniors did this as their final year project (B.E. ELECTRONIC). They used a simple ATMEL 89C51 (which doesn't even have a built-in ISP feature). They also developed a programming environment similar to LADDER in Visual Basic that simply converts ladder code to .ASM file. They used a commonly available PROGRAMMER circuit and it's power-supply was connected to a switch that they named PROGRAM MODE ON/OFF. When the program mode was off, the controller would still be powered-up while the programmer circuit was off (not given power). The ports of the 8951 was connected to external connectors so that it could be used as a PLC.

make a plc

The main problem in design PLC is not hardware,but it is the software.

How you want to implement STL/LAD/FBD languages in software and convert or compile the programs to your ASM,HEX code?(or you want to use interpreter in you micro)

You can use AT91SAM7X micros they are very nice and rich in peripherals.

AT89S8252 has inbuilt ISP. Free softwares are available for burning..in the net. So it will be very useful

Added after 34 seconds:

AT89S8252 has inbuilt ISP. Free softwares are available for burning..in the net. So it will be very useful

When the program mode was off, the controller would still be powered-up while the programmer circuit was off (not given power). The ports of the 8951 was connected to external connectors so that it could be used as a PLC.

Re: make a plc

The main problem in design PLC is not hardware,but it is the software.

How you want to implement STL/LAD/FBD languages in software and convert or compile the programs to your ASM,HEX code?(or you want to use interpreter in you micro)

You can use AT91SAM7X micros they are very nice and rich in peripherals.

Thanks for ur advice . i want to use the IC AT91SAM7X...I am new in this application.. So I would like to know one information.. I want to program this IC using RS232.. So is it possible to program using RS232.. if so, then which two pin of the controller I should use... Waing for ur reply....

Status
Not open for further replies.