Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can 8051 do a crc job easily?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanren

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,does anybody know about CRC in a 8051 cpu?can a 8051 do this job esayily?i have some important data saved in a nvram,but i found they maybe changed sometimes.for example,a 0X00 changed to 0X01.what can i do to deal with it?
thanks a lot!

CRC can be done with a numbers of XOR by serial as well as parallel. Try searching CRC implementation instead of theory.
I think of your purpose, let try parity checking first. Checksum is also a good idea.

you can even find libraries of implemented CRC functions (8, 16)

CRC in 8051 have 2 type of function.
1. Calculate by xor. this function use much time to do. But use a little code.
2. Use table. this function is use a little time. but use more space to keep table.

I have use table.

thanks all of you!
but another problem,if i find a bit is wrong,can i recover the data?how can i do it?can this can do in 8051?i do not know much about program.
thank you!

With ECC (Error Check and Correction) you can detect 2 bit error and recover 1bit error. Look at
**broken link removed**

Or search the net for nand_ecc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back