Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

calling multiple TCL files from one file in Precision RTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

nashafi

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am using Mentor's Precision RTL in shell mode and trying to run multiple tcl files using one main file
e.g main file

load.tcl

dofile file1.tcl
dofile file2.tcl

and

file1.tcl and file2.tcl are identical and look like this

set_working_dir C:/test/case1
add_input_file {C:/test/case1/acs.vhd C:/test/case1/bmm.vhd C:/test/case1/bmu.vhd C:/test/case1/bmu_top.vhd C:/test/case1/butterfly.vhd C:/test/case1/control_logic.vhd C:/test/case1/data_path.vhd C:/test/case1/declarations.vhd C:/test/case1/kernel.vhd C:/test/case1/kernel_arch.vhd C:/test/case1/kernel_beta.vhd C:/test/case1/kernel_control.vhd C:/test/case1/kernel_top.vhd C:/test/case1/llr.vhd C:/test/case1/llr_top.vhd C:/test/case1/map_decoder.vhd C:/test/case1/memory_bank_bm.vhd C:/test/case1/memory_bank_sm.vhd C:/test/case1/mux.vhd C:/test/case1/mux_bmm.vhd C:/test/case1/mux_bmm_core.vhd C:/test/case1/mux_kernel.vhd C:/test/case1/mux_kernel_beta.vhd C:/test/case1/mux_kernel_smm.vhd C:/test/case1/mux_smm.vhd C:/test/case1/mux_smm_bsmm.vhd C:/test/case1/mux_smm_fsmm.vhd C:/test/case1/reg.vhd C:/test/case1/smm.vhd C:/test/case1/smm_mux_core.vhd C:/test/case1/sram_bm.vhd C:/test/case1/sram_sm.vhd C:/test/case1/up_down_counter.vhd}
setup_design -frequency=40
setup_design -manufacturer Xilinx -family {VIRTEX-II Pro} -part 2VP7fg456 -speed 6
move_input_file -to 0 -from 7
move_input_file -to 1 -from 0
move_input_file -to 32 -from 15
compile
synthesize
place_and_route cl
remove_design -all
setup_design -reset

when it executes every thing . it some how cannot come out of the file1.tcl to go back to file2.tcl through the load.tcl
Any suggestions ? tips ?

Thanks,

Nauman

Re: calling multiple TCL files from one file in Precision RT

i figured out that i need to source the whole path even from the bin directory
now it works.
i can explian if any one wants to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor