Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calibre RC extraction question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbs681

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rc extraction result

Hi,
Currently I am running post layout simulation for my ring osc. I did 2 different parasitic extraction. First is C only and the second one is RC. Then I run the simulation to find the gate delay of the gate. The problem is, the results from RC extraction simulation is faster than C only extraction. The difference is in the factor of 2. I think, simulation with RC should be slower than C only. I don't know wheter my layout or the extraction deck that has problem...... . Any idea?

calibre post layout simulation

pbs681 said:
Hi,
Currently I am running post layout simulation for my ring osc. I did 2 different parasitic extraction. First is C only and the second one is RC. Then I run the simulation to find the gate delay of the gate. The problem is, the results from RC extraction simulation is faster than C only extraction. The difference is in the factor of 2. I think, simulation with RC should be slower than C only. I don't know wheter my layout or the extraction deck that has problem...... . Any idea?

Generally, it is true that RC is slower than C only ...

But, there is exceptions, please compare the netlist with extracted parasitics...

If you post it, I can take a look

cougar168 said:
pbs681 said:
Hi,

Generally, it is true that RC is slower than C only ...

But, there is exceptions, please compare the netlist with extracted parasitics...

If you post it, I can take a look
Hi Cougar,
Thanks for the reply..... what is the exceptions....

Added after 3 hours 57 minutes:

what is the difference between lumped C and Distribted RC extraction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back