Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calibre error : Cell *...* referenced but not defined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

research235

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

i am working at the final stage verification and wen i run drc on this gds2, I calibre ends with exit error and says.

error : Cell *...* referenced but not defined.

I have some 100s of this errors. can some one tell me .. wat could be the possible mistake i am doing

thank you in advance

Suresh

Re: calibre error

This is a clear case of not giving GDSSII file for some (which are giving errors) cells which are present in design but not in GDSII.

Solution is, either merge GDS of all cells/macros/blocks OR specify GDSII files for cells/macros/blocks in caliber run

calibre error

yaa

thnks rahul . I made a mis take while exporting Gds. i wll try to run gain ..

Suresh

is there a database for the calibre errors, to find out more about their explanations and how to correct them in the layout..?

Hi,

If you are taking the cells from different libraries,make sure all libreries are defind in cds.lib or not.
If you take a cell from one library,if it is not defined in cds.lib,eventhough you can export GDSII you can't run any calibre runs.

calibre error

hi salma,

if u work in more than 2 projects as physical verification engineer and if u can solve the errors. I bet after 2 projects ur able to understand the most calibre errors. So next time note the prob and how u solved it .. later this will help u .. so only exp helps u understand completly

Suresh

research235 said:
hi salma,

if u work in more than 2 projects as physical verification engineer and if u can solve the errors. I bet after 2 projects ur able to understand the most calibre errors. So next time note the prob and how u solved it .. later this will help u .. so only exp helps u understand completly

Suresh

you're perfectly right...it's by experience...it was all horrible and messy in my first design, then in the second one i knew directly what to do...so hopefully in the third one i won't have any errors to start with :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back