Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculations of RF transmition and reception in a racing car

Status
Not open for further replies.

quack934

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I'm not a specialized person in this field of wireless communications but i need to calculate the maximum distance 2RF systems can be apart. One of them will be placed in a eletric racing car.

I know the motor produces noise so if there is anyone who can help with this part too it would be awesome.
The motor is an EMRAX 228 medium voltage and the max rpm is 5500.

The data about the receiver and the trasmiter is this:
Model:E01-ML01DP5 (both of them have a shield case)
Power Supply:2.0V——3.6VDC
Communications levels:0.7VDD——5.2VDC
Maximum power:20dBm(about 100mW)
Gbps:250k,1M,2M, Adjustable
Emission current:95mA
Sinks current:20mA
Transceiver length:single packet:1—32 bytes,3 FIFO buffer
RSSI support: Does not support the true meaning of RSSI,Only supports packet loss statistics
Working temps:-30℃~+85℃
Working Humidity:<90% RH
Storage Temp:-40℃~+125℃
Operating frequency:2400MHz-2525MHz(1MHz step )
Receiving Sensitivity:-106dBm@250Kbps -96dbm@1Mbps -92dbm@2Mbps

If there is someone who can help me with the formulas and the calculations i would be very grateful

2 RF communication system calculations

Hello,
I'm trying to calculate the maximum distance between 2 RF communication systems (a transmitter and a receiver). However 1 of them will be in a eletrical racing car.

The motor I'm going to use is a emrax228 medium voltage with a top 5500 RPM (max voltage 400)
(link: https://www.enstroj.si/Electric-products/emrax-228-motorsgen.html)

The transmitter and the receiver are a E01-ML01DP5 a rf module for arduino with a shield case.
https://www.icstation.com/24ghz-ml01dp5-22dbm-nrf24l01ppalna-wireless-transmission-module-shield-case-p-4677.html

And the antennas I'm going to use have 5dbi and 196mm (7.717")

Can someone help me with formulas i have to use to calculate the maximum distance and the radiation pattern of both systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back