Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculation of RF Antenna Range

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujitpatil

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sir,
We developed One RF Antenna on PCB. So now I want to Calculate Range of RF antenna. I don't know anything more about antenna. so give me solution with one of the example.
Thank You.

Range is not a result of an antenna. I guess you ask for max distance between transmitter and receiver, where communication still is possible?
If so, calculate how much attenuation you system can allow, from TX RF out to RX RF in, for acceptable signal/noise ratio. Link budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
With known antenna gain can then Friis equation be used to estimate what range it will result in: Friis transmission equation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Not really complicated. Just input your numbers in formulas given in those links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back