Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Calculating current in paraller/series circuit ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am not willing to guess it

i used node voltage method to find the current

and anyway the current i1is the total current in the loop so it has to be maximum at any cost

if all your values are half then i donno

if only i1 is varying you are in err

Where is the error? On the simulator, on my calculations or what?
The formulation is correct. I traced the calculation up to the first error, sign of -3*I2, must be +3*I2. There may be more errors.

Yap, that's it. I have re-done the calculations. Bellow is the attached.

View attachment 3896_001.jpg

About the 6V, that might be seen as the 10V - Voltage drop on R1 or the voltage across the resistor R2: 3kOhm x 2mA = 6V.

Regards.

Last edited:

Stuck again how do i find voltage across R3 ?

2k * 6V = 12V <---- This i impossible as i have measured the voltage using multimeter and it gives me 2V ?

I put this circuit on a breadboard and it gave me 2V.

Either a different circuit or a measurement between different terminals.

I noticed that you have already confused voltage across resistors (a differential measurement) and and voltage referred to ground before.

try going through some circuit theory books they have valid info pm me to know the authors name

- - - Updated - - -

try going through some circuit theory books they have valid info pm me to know the authors name

Good news, i worked out the Amps and the Voltage drop across the resistors and it was simple to be honest, i was making few mistakes but now I'm fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back