Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadstar: how to Update PCB layout without redoing everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

victorjay

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Experts,

I have done the schematic and have completed the pcb placement for the design. I noticed some errors in the component placement(trace connections and component sizes) and I need to update the .scm file and .pcb file.

I have updated the schematic with the changes and once I go to transfer to pcb, all the pcb placement I made are gone.

Please advise how to update the PCB without losing my pcb placement ?

Also does the .pcb file and .scm file need to be the same when I do updating ?

When you are in the pcb, try File\ECO Update.

What this does is update the PCB with the latest version of the schematic after you have made mods to it.

Hit F1 on the options to find out what the do, search on the terms used.

You can also do it the other way, by changing the PCB & using "Back Annotation" to correct the schematic, however that can sometimes make a lot more work in tidying up the scm so itf often better to do it scm>pcb.

I feel while doing ECO ,u have selected Library reload.
you deselect that option and then do the ECO..
one more possibility is ,you have changed the reference designator names,if this is the case ,it will put the part at 0,0.

Hope it helps..
need more help ,personal mail me

regards
abhi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back