Status
Not open for further replies.

bigalfromwigan

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I do not think this has been asked before but if it has and I missed it, apologies.

I have been using Cadstar for some years and it has this annoying habit that I would like to sort out for my own satisfaction.

The situation is that I have for instance a PCB file open and I decide to open the corresponding schematic, so the file open dialogue opens but it only shows the PCB files, and I have to click the options box to change it to schematics. The opposite is true if I have a schematic open.

There is an option for All Design Files. Is it possible to modify the default so that no matter what I have open, it will default to All Design Files?

I hope somebody knows an answer to this one.

Thanks for looking.

I always open my schematic in one instance of CS and the PCB in another, then I can have both displayed simultaneously (dual monitors required and should be standard for this sort of work) and can cross probe between designs... I also use workspaces and never open a file directly.
As to that irritating little trait, never been able to solve that one... Matt may know a way, but I haven't found one, hence why I use two instances and workspaces.

Hi BigAl....

While I do know exactly what you mean, no I do not know of a way of doing this, but my interest has been peaked and I'll see what I can find out - I think its a hard coded thing that makes it show the last filetype opened as I cannot find a registry setting for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…