Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence Virtuoso Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew_que

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there
I've been using Cadence Virtuoso IC5 for simple simulations up to now (like simulating simple circuits seen at lesson) and I'm starting to wonder about how to do more complex tasks. Now, learning new features of Cadence has always been a pain due to the lack of online documentation and user communities and the fact that my learning method is based on googling and asking on forums like this. Maybe I have to take it more seriously so the question is, do you happen to know a more or less complete book / manual explaining all the functionalities of this software?
I would really like to have a more complete understanding of how virtuoso, and even its components (I'm even confused on their names.. design artist, virtuoso, spectre... what does each one do?), actually work. Thank you

Its own help is pretty good, but you need to know what you want because it's huge and kinda hard to browse. For the software names just browse cadence's website and it'll make more sense.

IC5 is beyond outdated (exaggeration), only maintained for older projects, you should migrate everything to IC6 before you get too attached to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back