Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence TSMC .13u design kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASICK

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence tsmc

Hi where can I get TSMC .13u Design kit for cadence 5.0. please help

If you work for a company I would contact TSMC directly. For academic projects there are number of design kits like NCSU CDK, Europratice design kit, ...

Reactions: suadet

suadet

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for replyin' but none of these have .13u design, is there a way to get those design files for cadence??

ASICK said:
Thanks for replyin' but none of these have .13u design, is there a way to get those design files for cadence??

Hi!

If you join a academic programm like NCSU CDK you have access to 0.13µm! Believe me. Look at the MPW schedule list!

**broken link removed**

I looked, the finest TSMC geometry i see on the mosis runs is 0.15. IBM has a 0.13, but joining a university does not mean you automatically get all PDK's - hence all the work NC has done to make a PDK for the "common man"

The bottom line is - the search is for the professional, multi-100$ PDK. It *may* be around but I don't know where. For the most part, every time I see a PDK floating around, it turns out to be incomplete, bogus, or some "ESD-add-on" or "Advanced metal slotting rules" that really does nothing. Especially for the user that believes they can untar a file then autoroute a 50k gate microcontroller.

ASICK - I would try drawing in a boring process, as I doubt you really plan to go to production with your IC. (And if you do, call TSMC, they'll be happy to send you a PDK if you promise 1000 wafers/month!)
If you want to see in a simulator how this TSMC process "feels", mosis extracts some crude models from every run they make.

**broken link removed**

With the help of a spice manual, you can get your circuit running with these and have a pretty good (if only first order) approximation of what your circuit will look like in these low-linewidth processes. (And the answer is: it's fast but Rout sucks)

ASICK

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
is NCSU complete and compatible to all Cadence design tools? The reason for this question is the some empty folders in this design kit bundle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back