Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence SKILL Code Creating a Heirachical Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

lc2710

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am trying to use SKILL code to create a heirachical tree containing all the nets and instances in a testbench. The testbench has many layers and the tree should be able to display the names of all instances and nets inside each instance, exactly like the tree inside the Virtuoso schematic editor. I am having difficulty finding the neccessary Cadence functions - mainly selecting all instances inside a cell view/instance - to do this.

Another problem is that I want my program to be run from the UNIX command line, ideally without opening the Cadence view, which means I will have to specify the library and cell view to access and create the tree from the command line. Is this possible?

All help is much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back