Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cadence schematic editor MOS symble generate control

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalahara

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence schematic editor MOS symble netlist generate control

is there any way to generate two different model name for one NMOS symble
in cadence schematic editor on the basis of two different case.
such as, when I run simulation, I take mn for NMOS, when I run layout LVS check,
I take mni for model name. (mni for isolated nmos transistor, simulation model woulde be same)

overall, I want some controlling button or something to controll generate different
model name for different circumstanses.

thanks .

first of all, I am not sure why would you do that, as you create custom name fields in Cadence.
secondly, I think you can do it only if you have write access to the model files. There you could open it with a text editor, copy the model that you need (in Spice usually starts with "model mni nmos" or something like that, with a lot of "+" signs on every line), and paste it in the same file with a different name (refer to Spice manual for details). In the schematic editor you would use the same symbols, but when simulating or printing make sure you select the right model file.

Re: cadence schematic editor MOS symble netlist generate control

is there any way to generate two different model name for one NMOS symble
in cadence schematic editor on the basis of two different case.
such as, when I run simulation, I take mn for NMOS, when I run layout LVS check,
I take mni for model name. (mni for isolated nmos transistor, simulation model woulde be same)

overall, I want some controlling button or something to controll generate different
model name for different circumstanses.

thanks .

This is usually done with techlibrary cellviews: LVS uses different stopping/switching views than the simulator
e.g, Calibre will netlist the schematic using auCdl views, spectre instead will use the spectre views

The model names netlisted by the two views can be completely different and you can change them using the CDF editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back