Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence Monte Carlo Mismatch simulation - Correlation

Status
Not open for further replies.

avt

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

could someone explain to me how to determine (or guess) the correlation coeffcients that one can define under the menue option "Simulation/Define Correlations" in the Monte Carlo toolbox under ADE/Spectre for Mismatch Suimulation.

I would assume that the distribution of the mismatch error according to something like sigma=x/sqrt(W*L) (like described in the Pelgrom paper , IEEE JSSC, vol SC-24 pp 1433-1439 October 89) is already delivered bei the MC-simulation library - so I assume that the correlation coefficent determines how good I realized the matching between dedicated transistors in my design - correct ??? - but how the heck can I get then something like correlation coefficient ? (and why can they also be negative ?)

yes, quite insightful - but this means : I have to measure devices before I'm realy capable to define correlation coefficients on my own, right ? (no other way ...) (no foundry support ? ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back