Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence IC5.033 installation on Suse Professional 9.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

molecularcascade

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
envgetval: could not find tool[.partition]

All,

can somebody please help me with Cadence IC 5.033 Installation on Suse Professional 9.3. Can somebody please run me thro' a short tutorial kind of thing..
First, I ran into ncompress problem. Installed the package. Installed the kernel source. The catalog errors out.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
MolecularCascade

cadence error 1028

give it up, try others(just like rhel3 etc).
i try it with 5141 before, but i couldn't install it, so...

loading simui.cxt

Hi,
I am very knowledgable Cance user and know their release support.
As far as I know , they won't support SUSE for CIC (Vrtuoso tools).
But lately I heard the 5.1.41_USR1/USR2 has the support. Check withj Cadence AE

suse cadence 6.10

Hi,

i had installed ic5.0.33 under suse9.3 and it works. follow this tutorial:

It is important to set the environment variable ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1.
But this is not the only tutorial in this forum. if you search for "ic5.0.33" and "install" you get very usefull information.
If you have further problems, you have to specify them in detail (as already said).

greetings,
hqqh

cadence xdpyinfo

Suse10OSS have glib error. Anyone in suse forum recommended migration gllib & stdc pkg. But I can't trying yet.

cadence envgetval

hqqh said:
Hi,

i had installed ic5.0.33 under suse9.3 and it works. follow this tutorial:
h**p://
It is important to set the environment variable ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1.
But this is not the only tutorial in this forum. if you search for "ic5.0.33" and "install" you get very usefull information.
If you have further problems, you have to specify them in detail (as already said).

greetings,
hqqh

and you made all that steps from that post? ...huhhhhhh.. ... a lot of changes , I spent a day to make all changes and in the final I f~cked up all :( ...
what is the easy way? :) , I use suse 9.3

sevstartsession without window

I had installed ic50/ic5033/ic5141 under suse9.3, and it works well. Can you write error message?I can help you .

cadence assura aptivia installation procedure

Here's the deal:

Somewhere between SuSE9.1 and 9.3, RH 7.0 and 9.0, etc., the kernels swapped versions of ncompress. This is a known 'problem' and Cadence doesn't support it. They say to use SuSE9.1 (or better for them: RH7.0). There are 3 ways to get Cadence easily installed on anything SuSE > 9.1, RH >7.2, etc.

1) Install in Suse 9.1 (VM machine is AWESOME for this) and then burn the complete install dir and just copy it into a newer version (this is what I did. I now have a perminent copy of "installed" Cadence that I can just copy into any distro and relink the license to the server and I'm all set - Currently running Cadence in both SuSE10 and Fedora Core 4 flawlessly).
2) Downgrade your ncompress to an older version. I've never done it, but I heard it works, then you can install fine
3) Use INSTALLSCAPE (IScape) from Cadence. It will grahpically install in any linux flavour AND is approximately 1000% faster than the old scripts.

Hope this helps!

linux flavour best for install ic5141

Now I use cadence Ic5033, Assura 312 and Aptivia 33 under Suse 9.0 and work's ok.
I will try your solution ..and I hope will work . I want to use suse10 :) because is more fast than 9.0 .

cadence.ic5033.assura 312.aptivia 33

I'm extremely happy with it's performance in SuSE10.

I'm running cadence in SuSE10 (native install), Fedora Core 4 (native install) and SuSE10 in a VM on a windows box - it is even quite fast on there!

cadence.ic5033.assura 312.aptivia 33.

You have right...suse10 is very fast ..but in may case I have some problems
I make a copy of my working cadence and I start this from cadence 10 ..but.....warnings and errors (icfb start, I can open some things from the standard libs)
take a look at the CDS log file ....maybe you know the solution :(

\o X server: The X.Org Foundation
\o Depth of Visual (Root): 24 (24)
\o Number of Planes Used: 24

\w *WARNING* envSetVal: could not find tool[.partition] 'ui'
\o COPYRIGHT 1992-2004 CADENCE DESIGN SYSTEMS INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
\o 1992-2004 UNIX SYSTEMS Laboratories INC.,
\o Reproduced with permission.
\o
\o This Cadence Design Systems program and online documentation are
\o proprietary/confidential information and may be disclosed/used only
\o as authorized in a license agreement controlling such use and disclosure.
\o
\o RESTRICTED RIGHTS NOTICE (SHORT FORM)
\o Use/reproduction/disclosure is subject to restriction
\o set forth at FAR 1252.227-19 or its equivalent.
\p >
\o 8-bit PseudoColor Visual is not available (default Visual option).
\o Using 24-bit TrueColor Visual.
\o The program xdpyinfo can be used to verify the Visuals available
\o for your display.
\w *WARNING* Master env file /Cadence/IC5033/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools/rod/.cdsenv is not readable
\w *WARNING* envGetVal: could not find tool[.partition] 'rod'
\w *WARNING* Master env file /Cadence/IC5033/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools/rod/.cdsenv is not readable
\w *WARNING* Master env file /Cadence/IC5033/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools/cdba/.cdsenv is not readable
\w *WARNING* envGetVal: could not find tool[.partition] 'cdba'
\w *WARNING* Master env file /Cadence/IC5033/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools/cdba/.cdsenv is not readable
\w *WARNING* envGetVal: could not find tool[.partition] 'cdba'
\w *WARNING* Master env file /Cadence/IC5033/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools/graphic/.cdsenv is not readable
\w *WARNING* Master env file /Cadence/IC5033/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools/schematic/.cdsenv is not readable
\w *WARNING* envGetVal: could not find tool[.partition] 'schematic'
\w *WARNING* Master env file /Cadence/IC5033/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools/schematic/.cdsenv is not readable
\w *WARNING* Master env file /Cadence/IC5033/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools/layout/.cdsenv is not readable
\w *WARNING* envGetVal: could not find tool[.partition] 'layout'
\w *WARNING* Master env file /Cadence/IC5033/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools/layout/.cdsenv is not readable
\w *WARNING* Master env file /Cadence/IC5033/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools/ui/.cdsenv is not readable
\w *WARNING* envGetVal: could not find tool[.partition] 'ui'
\w *WARNING* Master env file /Cadence/IC5033/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools/ui/.cdsenv is not readable
\o Loading PRshare.cxt
\o Loading LVS.cxt
\o Loading acv.cxt
\w *WARNING* Master env file /Cadence/IC5033/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools/auCore/.cdsenv is not readable
\w *WARNING* envGetVal: could not find tool[.partition] 'auCore.toolFilter'
\e *Error* nindex: argument #1 should be a string (type template = "tS") - nil
\o Loading auCore.cxt
\o Loading schView.cxt
\o Loading selectSv.cxt
\o Loading seismic.cxt
\o Loading UltraSim.cxt
\o Loading UltraSimMixi.cxt
\w *WARNING* Master env file /Cadence/IC5033/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools/ddserv/.cdsenv is not readable
\w *WARNING* envGetVal: could not find tool[.partition] 'ddserv'
\e *Error* alphaNumCmp: argument #1 should be either a string or a symbol (type template = "SSg") - nil
\p >
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(278:47 1003:208))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(279:57 1004:218))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(279:60 1004:221))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(281:66 1006:227))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(283:74 1008:235))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(285:80 1010:241))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(287:86 1012:247))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:92 1014:253))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:95 1014:256))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:97 1014:258))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:99 1014:260))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:101 1014:262))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:104 1014:265))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:106 1014:267))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:108 1014:269))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:116 1014:277))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:119 1014:280))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:127 1014:288))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:135 1014:296))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:143 1014:304))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:146 1014:307))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:149 1014:310))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:152 1014:313))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:154 1014:315))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:157 1014:318))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:160 1014:321))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:163 1014:324))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:165 1014:326))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:168 1014:329))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:171 1014:332))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:173 1014:334))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:175 1014:336))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:176 1014:337))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:177 1014:338))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:178 1014:339))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:179 1014:340))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:180 1014:341))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:181 1014:342))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:182 1014:343))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:183 1014:344))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:184 1014:345))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:185 1014:346))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:186 1014:347))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:187 1014:348))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:188 1014:349))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:189 1014:350))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:190 1014:351))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:191 1014:352))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:192 1014:353))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:193 1014:354))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:194 1014:355))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:195 1014:356))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:197 1014:358))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:199 1014:360))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:201 1014:362))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:203 1014:364))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:205 1014:366))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:207 1014:368))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:208 1014:369))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:210 1014:371))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:212 1014:373))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:214 1014:375))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:216 1014:377))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:217 1014:378))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:219 1014:380))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:220 1014:381))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:221 1014:382))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:223 1014:384))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:224 1014:385))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:225 1014:386))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:227 1014:388))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(289:228 1014:389))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(290:230 1015:391))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(290:232 1015:393))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(290:233 1015:394))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(291:235 1016:396))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(291:236 1016:397))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(291:237 1016:398))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(291:238 1016:399))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(291:239 1016:400))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(291:240 1016:401))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(292:241 1017:402))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(292:242 1017:403))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(292:252 1017:413))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(293:252 1018:413))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(294:252 1019:413))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(298:252 1023:413))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(299:252 1024:413))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(300:252 1025:413))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(301:252 1026:413))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(302:252 1027:413))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(302:262 1027:423))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(303:262 1028:423))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(303:263 1028:424))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(304:263 1029:424))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(304:264 1029:425))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(1) list(305:265 1030:426))
\r t
\a deOpen()
\w *WARNING* Master env file /Cadence/IC5033/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools/graphic/.cdsenv is not readable
\w *WARNING* envGetVal: could not find tool[.partition] 'graphic'
\w *WARNING* envGetVal: could not find tool[.partition] 'graphic'
\w *WARNING* Master env file /Cadence/IC5033/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools/ddserv/.cdsenv is not readable
\w *WARNING* envGetVal: could not find tool[.partition] 'ddserv.browser'
\p >
\a hiiSetCurrentForm('deOpenForm)
\r t
\a hiFormCancel(deOpenForm)
\r t
\r nil
\a deOpen()
\w *WARNING* envGetVal: could not find tool[.partition] 'ddserv.browser'
\p >
\a hiFormCancel(deOpenForm)
\r t
\r nil
\a ddsHiCreateLibrary()
\w *WARNING* envGetVal: could not find tool[.partition] 'ddserv.lib'
\e *Error* isDir: argument #1 should be either a string or a symbol (type template = "Sg") - nil
\r ERROR
\a vicOpenVlogCallBack()
\o Loading verilogI.cxt
\p >
\a hiiSetCurrentForm('vlogifCiwSetupEnvForm)
\r t
\a hiFormCancel(vlogifCiwSetupEnvForm)
\o "Verilog-XL integration not invoked."
\r t
\r t
\a vlogifCreateNCWin()
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(104:106 524:436))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(108:112 528:442))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(114:118 534:448))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(120:126 540:456))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(128:134 548:464))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(136:142 556:472))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(146:150 566:480))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(158:158 578:488))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(170:168 590:498))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(184:176 604:506))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(198:184 618:514))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(212:190 632:520))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(226:198 646:528))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(238:204 658:534))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(250:210 670:540))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(258:216 678:546))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(268:222 688:552))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(276:228 696:558))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(284:234 704:564))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(292:240 712:570))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(298:244 718:574))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(304:250 724:580))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(310:254 730:584))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(314:258 734:588))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(320:262 740:592))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(324:266 744:596))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(328:270 748:600))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(334:274 754:604))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(336:275 756:605))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(342:279 762:609))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(344:280 764:610))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(346:281 766:611))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(347:282 767:612))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(349:283 769:613))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(350:283 770:613))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(350:284 770:614))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(351:284 771:614))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(352:284 772:614))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(352:285 772:615))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(353:285 773:615))
\r t
\a hiResizeWindow(window(2) list(353:286 773:616))
\r t
\a hiCloseWindow(window(2))
\r t
\a (mspsViewCreateForm)
\o Loading oasis.cxt
\o Loading asimenv.cxt
\o Loading analog.cxt
\o Loading alvs.cxt
\p >
\a hiiSetCurrentForm('mspsCreateForm)
\r t
\a hiFormCancel(mspsCreateForm)
\r t
\r nil
\a (sevStartSession)
\o Loading simui.cxt
\w *WARNING* Master env file /Cadence/IC5033/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools/asimenv/.cdsenv is not readable
\w *WARNING* envGetVal: could not find tool[.partition] 'asimenv'
\w *WARNING* Master env file /Cadence/IC5033/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools/asimenv/.cdsenv is not readable
\w *WARNING* envGetVal: could not find tool[.partition] 'asimenv.window'
\e *Error* max: can't handle max(0 nil)
\r ERROR
\a ddsHiCreateLibrary()
\w *WARNING* envGetVal: could not find tool[.partition] 'ddserv.lib'
\e *Error* isDir: argument #1 should be either a string or a symbol (type template = "Sg") - nil
\r ERROR

assume_kernel

All that seem to be missing or corrupted are your .cdsenv variables. I don't have this issue, as I made a compilation of all those files and named it .cdsenv and have a script that calls it later, but I think you should start be recopying those from your good install and just placing them in the places mentioned in the errors.

It seems to load fine, but seems to not have any user settings saved to be loaded (that's what .cdsenv does - sets environment variables).

ddserv.browser

|IAngel| said:
I'm extremely happy with it's performance in SuSE10.

I'm running cadence in SuSE10 (native install), Fedora Core 4 (native install) and SuSE10 in a VM on a windows box - it is even quite fast on there!

Do you run SOC Encounter 4.2 on SUSE10 ?

licenses+ic5.0.33

Yep - runs great for me :)

cadence installation suse

You have right...suse10 is very fast ..but in may case I have some problems
I make a copy of my working cadence and I start this from cadence 10 ..but.....warnings and errors (icfb start, I can open some things from the standard libs)
take a look at the CDS log file ....maybe you know the solution
I supposed that what |IAngel| meant was to make a tar_ball of the installed tool. Then untared it in another new OS. Did you do in this way ?

cadence ic5033 assura312 aptivia33

Hello netsboys,

When you installed IC5141 in suse 9.0, did you have to do any funny stuffs with glibc or kernel? I have tried to installed IC5141 in Suse 10, but was not successfull. Right now am trying to do it on 9.3

Status
Not open for further replies.