Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence Allegro doubts- guide me to generate the gerbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

san2004

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Cadence Allegro doubts

Hi,

I am new to Cadence Allegro tool & to do some modifications in the board file I need you help :--

1) I have to add one 6 pin header on current design without importing netlist.I copied one 6 pin footprint from board & placed at required position & done manual routing in top layer.But now name shown ( REF DES ) is J* though I am trying to change it to J48 ..its not taking ...so i have deleted it & added text as " j48 ". Will the addition of this part result in any kind of shorting with planes ? Also how to rename the added part as J48 ??

2) Also to maintain the clerance between the components I have to shift them little bit ..i did it using move command...is it right ?

3) Pls guide me to generate the gerbers. We have previous revision Gerbers so we can compare those gerbers with newly generated gerbers.

4) How to generate Auto-insertion files ( X-Y coordinates ) in Cadence Allegro tool ?

I hope as usual you frnds will help me to find out the solution.

Kindly waiting for your replies.

Thanks in advance !!!

Cadence Allegro doubts

1 -> Answered already in forum,
2 -> Correct,
3 -> It is stright forward, take a look at mfg menu.

Cadence Allegro doubts

Hi,

used allegro spometime back and faced same problem.
I only remember some part for adding a component witout adding it into netlist.
you have to add device file of the connector for that dont know excatly how i did but try that out you will surely get the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back