Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C++, Visual C++ and Turbo C++

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkai2000

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
difference visual c++ turbo c++

hi, what are differences among the 3 C++ languages? Can they share the same header files?

Turbo C++ is very old,forget it! an it doesn't support NT based operating
system like win 2k,xp.
C++ is a common language for most system.
Visual C++ is for Win32 systems and that can be used to create window based applications.
VC++ is the best with MFC.

well there isnt much difference. Visual C++ is a proprietary language of microsoft. but u should only look for ANSI/ISO standard C++. but yes if u want to do some work with MFC then u should use Visual C++

well, C++ is a programming language, and it's implemented in the form of an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) like VC++ or Turbo C++, sometimes actually not a full-blown IDE but just the compiler :wink: . Based on my experience I can tell that VC++ is just really needed when you want to take full control of windows features/facility in your development using C++ within windows, or you're developing a "system-tool" for windows, out of that purposes, you can choose whatever IDE you like.

what about borland C++? can i use borland C++'s header file in Visual C++ programming?

zkai2000 said:
hi, what are differences among the 3 C++ languages? Can they share the same header files?

Yes , if you using ansi standard , some is different you must see the manual book or grammar of language.

what about borland C++? can i use borland C++'s header file in Visual C++ programming?

it depends !!!!!!!!!!

if u want to use borland C++'s header files in VC++ that are a part of the standard C++ then yes it is possible. but u cant use borland specific header files with VC++. like u dont have a conio.h in Visual C++. u should look at the manuals of both the VC++ and borland if u are having compatibility issues.

i would say just stick to the standard template library of C++ and just learn the real ANSI/ISO standard C++. but u are free to use any header file from any vendor provided that u know the issues associated with its use

Use Borland Builder, (C++) very fast and productive, and follows the ANSI/ISO standards. M$ have their own non standard extensions. There is nothing visual about M$ Visual c++ and MFC. MFC is just wrappers around the most convoluted spagetti crap code your ever likly to see! Write "Hello World" with M$ Visual C++. It compiles up to a 500Kbyte monster?

borland C ++ vs visual c++
borland is easy to use
visual C ++ is popular

btbass said:
...There is nothing visual about M$ Visual c++ and MFC. MFC is just wrappers around the most convoluted spagetti crap code your ever likly to see! Write "Hello World" with M$ Visual C++. It compiles up to a 500Kbyte monster?
o... I've missed DOS programming :)

You still can use turbo c++ as long as you supply right headers, libraries to the turbo c++ compiler.

Since that is a mess (companies which sell these softwares make them so) then nobody moves to the next level.

C++ is very flexible. All you need is a compiler, and link the compiled objects. What decides if application you compile is e.g. NT compatible are headers, libraries etc. you insert or link to it.

In a lot of cases VC++ for example links something you have no idea of indeed was linked.

TURBO c++ is a compiler to work in 16 bits machines on DOS. So forget it.

Visual C++ is a microsoft tool, so it has many bugs, it was made to work on 32 bits machines.

bc++ is easy for beginnar to study.
vc++ is complex but powerful for software design.

Visual C++ helps the device driver interface in Windows, whereas Turbo C++ cann't help for such interface.

Microsoft recommends the use of C, NOT C++, for writing device drivers for windows. C++ is a resource hungry language. C is lean and mean.
The win DDK has it's own C compiler, no other tools are needed.

Related discussion with links to some very good free C and C++ compilers:

the difference is that they are not compatible with each other...hmm but thats a simlirarity actually. Dooh!

All those tools work. Given me anyone of those tool, that what I would say if given a project.

C++ is a prog language, VC and TC are only two compiler or IDE, i think you should use VC beacuse it is newer than TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back