Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C-V curve for varactor

Status
Not open for further replies.

analogdesigngiga

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Can anybody help me how to plot C-V curve of varactor. I saw lot of methods to plot which made me bit confused. Want to know the correct one. which analysis we have to do.
Its urgent. Can anybody help me
I am working in cadence environment

Thanks
Satya

Hi,

Do an internet search on "varactor test circuit".
Your will find a lot of schematics (and descriptions) how to measure the C-V curve.

There are various methods. Each may have it´s benefits and drawbacks. Select one that fits your needs.

If there are still doubts, fell free to ask some detailed questions here.

Klaus

Hi,

Do an internet search on "varactor test circuit".
Your will find a lot of schematics (and descriptions) how to measure the C-V curve.

There are various methods. Each may have it´s benefits and drawbacks. Select one that fits your needs.

If there are still doubts, fell free to ask some detailed questions here.

Klaus

Hi
Thanks for your reply. I want to simulate the MOS varactor to see its C-V curves in cadence environment.

Thanks
satya

Hi
Thanks for your reply. I want to simulate the MOS varactor to see its C-V curves in cadence environment.

Thanks
satya

Set up a simple s-parameters test bench with DC bias for MOS varactor that is series connect between two PORT components ( don't forget to put necessary DC block caps. and ideal chokes )
Either change the bias only at a single frequency or at some frequency points then read the imaginary part of input impedance.

Status
Not open for further replies.