Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C code to interface serial graphical lcd for PIC 18f4620

Status
Not open for further replies.

sachit.

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am having trouble to display character or string interfacing the serial GLCD with PIC18f4620. Any demo code in C to make it work would be awesome.
Thanks

---------- Post added at 22:51 ---------- Previous post was at 22:51 ----------

The link for the serial GLCD is Serial Graphic LCD 128x64 - SparkFun Electronics

problem is not clear
glcd initialization problem or displaying characters problem ?

I am using putrsUSART("Hello!"); command to send string to the LCD using the tx pin from microcontroller to rx pin of serial glcd. There is a square block on lcd instead of string "Hello!". In my code I do not have any library for fonts and i think it might be the problem. If so how do i fix it?
Thanks

The link Deni has provided is actually the source code for the ATMEGA168 firmware of the GLCD's Serial Backpack.

Unless you want to roll-your-own AVR based firmware for the GLCD, you might want to port the serialGLCD library for Arduino to the PIC18F4620 instead.

serialGLCD library for Arduino

It shouldn't be difficult to port, the routines are nothing more than as series of commands and data transmitted via the PIC's USART, using the library routines like putcUSART () or writeUSART(), to the GLCD's Serial Backpack.

Sparkfun is actually only a few hours north of my locale, maybe I'll have them throw a unit in with my next order. It might be fun to tinker with.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.