Status
Not open for further replies.

vinothmct

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I consider my c knowledge to be above average. I can write a logic . I have written driver for several peripherals . I wish to be strong with C language . How much memory variable occupies etc . Do u guys recommend any book for me?

Which microcontroller/platform are you interested in?

- - - Updated - - -

If you are interested in working on AVR micro-controller here is the best book for programming.

--> The AVR Microcontroller and Embedded Systems: Using Assembly and C by Muhammad Ali Mazidi, Janice Mazidi, Sarmad Naimi, Sepehr Naimi.

all the best.

I dont want embedded books . I want C books to learn all the basic embedded C

This book contains C code also.

Just check it out.
If it is not of you interest just leave it.

BTW , to write embedded C code you should have basic knowledge of the hardware too.

and check out this thread also.

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/120857/

Last edited by a moderator:

If you are really looking into Hardcore C coding then don't go for embedded or microcontroller oriented books, go for Operating systems or Networking based C coding books, for example

Go for the below book
operating systems concepts by Galvin
https://books.google.co.in/books/about/Operating_System_Concepts_6ed_Windows_Xp.html?id=s0MUQn7cxA4C

The best way to master a programming language is to go on coding,
write device drivers, linux or windows, in this case you can look at the real time output of your code.

Sorry i forgot to tell this,
the above mentioned book is a very good book which gives extensive knowledge of operating system with c code snippets on every topic mentioned and it definitely helps in mastering operating systems concepts.

Cheers!!!!!

Reactions: zia

zia

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.