Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Byteblaster in Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZigaM

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.

I have problem with byteblaster in windows 7 (32 bit). When I want to add hardware in quartus it says: Kernel mode driver not installed.

My LTP port is working fine, so the problem is in altera. The cable works just fine in win XP.

I have allready checked some forums (including this) but I didn't find any usefull help.

Thanks for any reply.

If you have difficulties with compatibility, maybe you can try to run XP-mode in Win-7 ..
Microsoft offers this download:
**broken link removed**
I don't know whether it is working or not, I haven't tried it by myself, but would be keen to hear from you on the result ..

IanP
:D

I must inform you that it is not working :cry:

I think I will install XP again :)

But thanks anyway.

If the cable just works fine on the same system with XP, then it is not parallel port setting in BIOS problem. It is driver for windows 7 problem.

Was Win7 claimed to be supported in your version of Altera Quatus II?

On 64bit systems this can happen if driver is not properly signed. But I don't believe much in MS docs w.r.t. their signing policies. You have 32-bit systems.

You can go to the device manager and see if the device is visible there. If it is check the driver details. If it is a signing problem, you'll be able to find a warning there.

If not problem is reported on any of the driver details tabs, you should note the files associated with driver and then verify manually that they exist at their requried place. In case one is missing or corrupt, you may copy the driver files manually from altera's folder (\altera\91\quartus\drivers\usb-blaster).

OR
You may simply try to do a manual 'driver update' using \altera\91\quartus\drivers\usb-blaster

microKernel thanks for help, but I was refering to byteblaster (LTP to JTAG) not USB blaster. But I agree that the problem is in drivers. I think that quartus doesn't find LTP port.

The LPT port is OK. I updated drivers.

The weird thing is when I change port settings from LPT1 to LPT2, quartus doesn't find byteblaster. When I change back to LTP1, I can select Byteblaster but I can't select port.

Hello everyone, Im experimenting the same problem. Altera claims that its driver works on windows vista/7 (not 64-bit based systems) but the real thing is that I couldn't make the byteblaster to work I tasted with native parallel port, pci parallel port, virtual windows xp and making some changes in the register (such as in this thread byteblaster not showing up in hardware - Page 3 - Altera Forums) with any result. Im still looking for and may be some day we could solve that issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.