Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

burglary alarm system HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amsama

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all, im newbie here. First at all im sorry if im posted at wrong section about my question.

im burglary alarm programmer, and i got some problems that difficult to solve.
example, installer code has changed by the first person proggram the alarm system.

so my question is, is that possible to connect burglary alarm sistem to PC?
because i want to bruteforce the installer code has.

*im sorry my english is bad.

I am not sure I understand your problem but I think you have an alarm for which you don't have the code. It is unlikely you can fix that with a PC.

Usually there is a way of forcing a 'factory' reset of the alarm. You need to put your ear defenders on and perform a factory reset, I think.

Keith

im sorry because my english is bad T__T

actually i wont reset the alarm because i need to re-program the zon for the alarm. is there's any way except reset the alarm into factory setting?

I realise you may want to just change some of the settings but without the code there is not much you can do. If you reset it to the factory defaults then you will at least then have the default codes. You could contact the manufacturer of the alarm, but I doubt they will help.

I know someone in the security business and he often comes across the situation where people were "help to ransom" by security companies who would not let them know the installer code, even though the installer didn't actually own the alarm. The solution was as I described - ear defenders on - factory reset!

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back