Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building an electro shock design for rat training

Status
Not open for further replies.

krespomx

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rat electro shock....

Hi! Some one know someting about design or build a electro shock for rats, i need some information, to build one device!

thx!

rat electro shock....

Do you want to train them or kill them?

Re: rat electro shock....

i need it for training, i need build one, for research use!

just for train!

I saw a similar device at a zoo park in Spain. Its purpose is to keep large animals (lions and tigers) to pass through a gate where cars were allowed to pass. Several parralel wires were installed in the floor (the passing gate is approx. 4 meters in length) and between each nearby wires a current was supplied. For such small animals like rats, the current should be small, but I cannot give you exact value, you'll have to make some test. I would choose for a starting point a 1khz sinewave generator, somewhere at 80-100V peak to peak, with an adjustable current limiter. Start with 1mA limit and make some tests, increase it and observe where the animals begin to react.

/pisoiu

Probably using ultrasounds would be much easier.

I think rat barbeque is better.

Just joking. :D

Perchaps some optoelectronics a 240V/240V transformer and some
metalic plates.

Tornado

the normal value used to that is a constat current source between 0.1mA to 1.2mA, and the voltage up to 220 V continuos.

Best regards

Why don't you guys try it out on yourself instead of harming innocent creatures?

radiohead said:
Why don't you guys try it out on yourself instead of harming innocent creatures?
Well, I have been electrocuted myself 4 times of course of course in all cases was accidental, faulty connections etc.

Now what if accidentally a rat get shocked? We use shocking techniques in medicine. It is very controlled. We need science.

My god he and others like him may send us to FBI for animal cruelty charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.