Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Build easy MPLAB-6 ICD-2 for PIC18F2550

Status
Not open for further replies.
mplab easy usb

Hi,
ICD2 is a very slow system with RS232 interface. If you want more rapidity you must built USB ICD2.
CD

rj11 pcb protel dxp

i am from India,kerala state.Here i searched for usb chip,but it is not available.I s there any company offering samples of usb chip?What is the cost of usb chip?

how to connect icd2 port to pc?

Now there is no spped problem with icd2.Earlier i used MPLAB7.Now i uninstalled MPLAB7 and installed MPLAB6.4 .I connected to the icd at 57kbs.Now i cannot find any speed diference from usb icd,single stepping is also fast.

pic18f4550 usb device not recognized sometimes

sajeev said:
Now there is no spped problem with icd2.Earlier i used MPLAB7.Now i uninstalled MPLAB7 and installed MPLAB6.4 .I connected to the icd at 57kbs.Now i cannot find any speed diference from usb icd,single stepping is also fast.

I do not think, that slow work icd2 depends on version MPLAB.
At you a problem: many windows with watch are open.

eagle dspic30f

Hai Make_Pic,I tried ICD2 in win2000 also.I installed mplab 7.01 and mplab6.4 and i got maximum speed in mplab6.4.Single stepping is fast.I dont know the reason for it.I know that usb is much faster than serial port.However it is working well for me

vusb measure pic 18f

Here is Lothar's USB version with DIP components, exept USB chip.
Single sided board 3"x1.5" (80x40mm)
This board also has EEPROM chip to save custom USB parameters: PID, serial number, and most important current load for USB port.

ft232r problem interference

Andy_123 said:
Here is Lothar's USB version with DIP components, exept USB chip.
Single sided board 3"x1.5" (80x40mm)
This board also has EEPROM chip to save custom USB parameters: PID, serial number, and most important current load for USB port.

That is it? ICD2? URL?

mplab download 6

**broken link removed**

bootldr-16f876a-20mhz-19200bps

where can i get files from to build a usb icd2 clone like the one in the pic above the url dont work

cheers

wizpic

icd2 ini

wizpic said:
where can i get files from to build a usb icd2 clone like the one in the pic above the url dont work

cheers

wizpic

Lothar is having site hosting problems, his site will be back in a few days.

icd2 876a固件

What is the different to use a 877 and a 876?

I have seen many schematics of ICD, and they use the same pins but I can't see the different between 877 and 876 design...

how to compile to bjt format in mplab

16F877 is a 40 pin device, and 16F876 is a 28 pin device. basically they do the same thing, but 877 has more I/0. In ICD you can use one or another, but the bootloader is diferent.

icd2.ini nicht vorhanden

Hi all,
Does anyone know wich file MPLAB load in the Cypress ram chip at power up ?
Cheers

mplab v.660

Has anyone a part list for the ICD2 clone from Lothar Stolz. I don´t see R1 - R4.

what is icd2 used for

Hi

All the files are found in this topic itself. Read carefully.

Regards
Gopi

how to find mplab icd 2 serial number

Hi everybody,
My ICD2 clone is working fine using rs232 56kbps but in step by step debug mode is slow (about 3 seconds with one window open).
If I open another window, ie FSR, the time between steps is 6 or more seconds.
Question is if I will get noticeable speed difference if I add the Cypress USB chip to my ICD2 clone ?

Cheers

mplab6 plug

another ICD2 clone available as kit or module
**broken link removed**

btw. there is a schematic of original ICD2, too.

icd2 icd0082 fix

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have an extra ICD2 they are willing to sell me? I'm kinda in a rush to get another project going and It looks like I might need a ICD for a PIC12F675/629 project.

Please make me an offer at goldserve1 at hotmail dot com. Thanks.

simple icd2

Ales_ said:
another ICD2 clone available as kit or module
h**p://www.mcu.cz/modules/news/article.php?storyid=430

btw. there is a schematic of original ICD2, too.

Hi, look at date - this device is absolute first published clone of ICD2 around the world with schematics and description :)

Status
Not open for further replies.