Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buck converter help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayzac

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing buck converter for my MPPT project. Below is my attached schematic. All of the port pin is used to link the buck converter board to the microcontroller board. However i wish to test the buck circuit individually without microcontroller by supplying DC input and PWM signal (signal generator)at pin 2 of MOSFET driver. The both mosfet is fail to turn on.

1. Is there any problem with my circuit ?
2. Is my testing method correct?

Attachments

• PCB2.pdf
    126.5 KB · Views: 86

Hi,

Your testing method is correct. No issues. Few things to verify.

In general, signal generator output will not be sufficient enough to drive other circuit. Also it should be minimum 3.3V. If not, add a driver/buffer circuit in between signal generator & pin 2
Have you pulled up 3rd (SD) pin to 1st pin (VCC). It should be pulled up
I am sure you have connected some voltage (10 to 20V) to pin 1 & some voltage to Q1 mosfet. Confirm

Have you connected pin3 of U1 to its pin 1?

With Thanks,
S.Perumal

Nope i connected pin3 to 5v from voltage regulator. Is it ok to have 5v or better to have Vcc from solar input?

5V is Ok.

Instead of giving PWM signal (from signal generator) to pin 2, you can try pulling it directly to power (VCC/5V) or GND and see either High or Low MOSFET is getting turned ON. This will confirm that MOSFET driver chip is good or not

Reactions: jayzac

jayzac

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.