Not open for further replies.

microvijay

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i want to make custom BSL for msp430f5529 but how to program new bsl program in microcontroller need help
thak's in advance

Well,

first, here is a nice article on a contact less NFC BSL with msp430 where you can find good references
**broken link removed**

You probably will also want to check the programing via BSL user guide
**broken link removed**

And you might want to give a special attention to you problem solver: Creating a Custom Flash-Based Bootstrap Loader (BSL)
**broken link removed**

with sample source code available at (just need to register)
https://software-dl.ti.com/msp430/msp430_public_sw/mcu/msp430/CustomBSL/latest/index_FDS.html

Is this helpful?

Thanks mgate,

Now i am some how made program (like Custom BSL TO receive hex file and dump in flash)which is stroed at FLASH Memory and i plan to take code (Hex format) from UART and Write on Location from 0x10000 (i.e FLASH 2)and Jump PC Program Counter to that location to execute code is this feasible or will it may create problem in future .

More clear ........

when RESET -> inbuld BSL (0x1000 to 0x17FF) -> Then FLASH (0x4400) (in which i put my Custom BSL for read and write )->FLASH 2 (0x10000) (My Application )

this will create any problem in future plz let me know ....it's Urgent
Thanks In Advance

hi,
This is way off topic but i am a fourth year student in cse branch and i am facing some problems with my final year project which involves msp430f5529.(i am terrible with hardware)
would u help via correspondence?
Thanks in advance

Hello!

I have a bootloader running on many MSP430s and it works quite fine.
Do you have any reason to put your code at 0x10000? I simply put the application
right after the boot loader. I have allowed some room for future releases (the
boot loader does not fill its space), just in case it grows.
But it's quite small. How big is your application?

this will create any problem in future plz let me know ....it's Urgent

This is not called engineering but fortune telling. If you test your implementation
and find out that if works, I see no reason not to use it.

Dora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…