Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Brushless motor control start up problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurhalil

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have developed an application that drives a sensored brushless dc motor with a pic24f,
what my problem is that sometimes the motor doesnt start. i had to give the motor a start by hand... after the start everything works fine. im checking the pwm signals for corresponding HallEffect, the pwm is there but motor doesnt starts well. i did some research and assigned a high duty cycle at start(almost 90%) then decrease it slowly but no change,
Does anybody know what is wrong or special with the start-up? how can i make the motor start?

Have you positioned the motor before starting the sequence? This may be cause for your problem.

Nandhu

yes i do read the hall sensors before giving the start signal to the pwm channels

The next thing came to mind is insufficient power at startup. You had said in your paste that you have tried upto 90% of pwm. Once started the power required is small, at starting you may require more power. Check it out.

Nandhu

Status
Not open for further replies.