Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Brushless dc motor controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihaludeen

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to make a driver to run a bldc motor, but its not working properly.
Can anyone guide me how to make a controller for bldc motor.
Motor specifications (36 volt and 15 amps). The mosfets are keep on burning and i cant able to solve the it.
I have attached the circuit below. p and n mosfet.jpg

The PMOS gate drivers must be expected to exceed +/- 20V Vgs maximum rating at 36 V supply and damage the transistors. You should better use push-pull gate drivers to turn the transistors fast off.

I have first use gate driver(ir2110) for low and high side switch.But I got a problem, the motor is running on only single direction and not getting reversed.If i try to reverse it ,components gets heated up and motor is not reversed.

IR2110 has the problem of bootstrap failure with 100 % duty cycle, but I don't see a relation to direction reversal. I think IR2110 can be used if you keep a permanent PWM signal.

Can you briefly explain. I have got the same problem while using with transistor as well as ir2110

Bootstrap failure in the sense, you are saying that should not use ir2110

I say, you can use IR2110 if you manage to avoid 100 % duty cycle for high side, respectively high side on-time longer than bootstrap capacitor time constant.

I don't know which other possible problems occur in your design. IR2110 should basically achieve a legal gate range and fast gate pulses. But there are still possibilities to achieve bridge short by overlapping control signals or to damage the transistor by overvoltage of a bad circuit layout.

You are right I am getting short delay in high side ,while switching. But by using ic as well transistor , I can able to run motor single direction but I can't able to run on another direction.
I am using a (mje3055) transistor which is 60 volt and 10 amps.
And I am using this transistor to the base of the mosfet , so mosfet gets greater volt on it's base to switch.
Can you clarify me, hope it will help me.

[merged] Bldc motor controller

I am using 3 phase bldc motor which has a spec of 36v and 10amps(360w).
I have used a h bridge circuit to control it. But the motor is running only on single direction. And the mosfet gets heated up.Mosefet irf3205(55v and 98amp) and irf4905(55v and 75 amp).

I am using a (mje3055) transistor which is 60 volt and 10 amps.
And I am using this transistor to the base of the mosfet , so mosfet gets greater volt on it's base to switch.
´
Sounds strange. Please show a schematic.

As for failing direction reversal, I would expect a wrong phase sequence.

I have the updated h bridge. which gives the same problem by running only on single direction.
updated h bridge circuit(p and n).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.