Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bridge Rectifier Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

anushaas

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Sir/Madam,

When I tried out the basic bridge rectifier experiment in the lab,I found that it was not possible to observe both the input and output wave forms of the bridge rectifier on the CRO screen together though the input and rectified output could be observed separately.

When both CRO channels were used,the output resembled that of a half wave rectifier.The behaviour was the same when the input was fed from a signal generator as well as from a transformer.(I tried using the extreme terminals of a centre tap transformer with the common terminal grounded but still the response was the same)

What could possibly be wrong Sir.Kindly help me.

You forgot to post an image or sketch of what you see on your 'scope so we do not know what you are talking about.
It should look like this:

EDIT: The inputs must not be connected to the output 0V.

Attachments

• full wave rectification.png
    full wave rectification.png
    42 KB · Views: 65

there is a possibility you are using a wrong circuit or may be some of your components are not working, i hav done it my self and it works fine

See my EDIT in post #2: "EDIT: The inputs must not be connected to the output 0V".

When he uses the oscilloscope to see the input and the output at the same time then the 0V of the two oscilloscope channels are shorting one input wire to one output wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.