Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BPF design using ADS 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Anusha*

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all;
I'm a beginner.I have just started designing filters using ADS 2009. I designed a six element band pass filter. But the response is not smooth. Wat am i supposed to do ?? Thanks in advance :)

Hi all;
I'm a beginner.I have just started designing filters using ADS 2009. I designed a six element band pass filter. But the response is not smooth. Wat am i supposed to do ?? Thanks in advance :)
* It would much help if you could show us your circuitry. Otherwise, it seems to be problematic to give any comment.
* Your response is "not smooth"? Time or frequency response? What do you want resp. expect from your filter?

I have attached my circuit and the frequency response. Thanks for your reply :)

Reactions: ttkane

ttkane

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You can optimise the your design in ADS, and you can set the S21 range for optimising flatness.
Your filter seems have problem, its S21 < -30dB, that should have problem normally in design. The S21 normally is several dB.

I have attached my circuit and the frequency response.

Set a smaller frequency step, so that you can see what happens in the passband. At the moment, you only have 3 data points there.

Yes, you need much more data points for evaluating the frequency response.
In addition, what are your requirements - that means, which filter characteristic (ripple within the passband) do you want?

@All
Your reply was helpfull. Can you tell me how to create the layout using ADS 2009 ? Do we have Auto- layout ?

How do we create layouts if we use lumped components for the design ?

I used to simulate in ADS, and then verify in AWR, then export AWR layout in DXF format. The dxf can be imported into Altium for PCB.

i'm have a few suggestion
if you simulate the BPF ,
Simulation set sweep point up to 201 or 401....
maybe can solve your question .

@volker_muehlhaus : Where should i look for this example ? Is it possible to create layout with lumped components design ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back