Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Boost Convertor with 12 pin MLF QFN based Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

random person

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey all, trying to make a DC to DC convertor that can boost a 3.7V lithium ion to 6V at 2A.

Was planning on using the MIC225 for this project. I need something very cheap, small, and has a nice high switching speed to eliminate the ripple and keep the inductor size small.
Datasheet ..ect here : Digi-Key - 576-3643-1-ND (Manufacturer - MIC2253-06YML TR)

The question:

How to I go about the prototype development for mounting and wiring the QFN package?

**broken link removed**

The biggest issue is the 3mm x 3mm cursed QFN package. Its not a common QFN package. Consequently I haven't seen any break out boards for it and I'm not sure a computer printed etched version would be able to print to the .5mm lead spacing that the 12pin-MLF-QFN would require. Any idea how I can get a solder pad to mount it on? Once I confirm my design i'll make a PCB for it at MakePCB - Home ... however i'd really like to confirm my design before I make a board for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back