Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Books on how to take a design from floorplanning to GDSII

Status
Not open for further replies.

sree205

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
regd : backend flow

Hi,
I'm a newbie wanting to start out in physical design field. I found a book in this forum itself, which deals with algorithms used in backend design(sherwani). I also found that there is one more book by Sadiq Sait which once again, talks from the EDA tool designer's perspective.

But both these books introduce the backend flow, from the algorithm point of view and not from the physical designer's point of view. Apart from the tool's userguides, are there any books which talk about how to take a design from floorplanning to the GDSII phase ?

Re: regd : backend flow

Yes, There is one by Smith which is the best .

do you mean ASIC by sebastian smith ? i already read the book. it gives you information from an EDA tool designer's perspective. like which algorithm is used to do routing or placement and things.with these info, i'll not gain much insight into the problems that physical designers face.

i'm looking for some book like "advanced chip synthesis" . something which gives an idea of the backend flow and takes us through a design, problems which might occur during a design. these kinda info.

There is one by Smith which is the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back