Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Board Design Eng. - How To Start ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

barnea10

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all !
this is my first topic here.
I am a EE with 4.5 years of experience in testing and support semiconductors
machines.
now I would like to change direction and start a career in board design.

how to start ? should I find courses and study ( what to study) ? or is it better practical then theoretical?
what should I know ?

and most important -
how CAN i start when all the jobs requiere experience ?

thanks for your time and answers.

Barnea

you have good knowledge in testing ,so you can study more about the tools and PCB board design technical skills!

Once you become a board or PCB engineer, you'll see board design is not complicated at all. But lots of engineers find it difficlt to start on this path, especially trying to do so by himself. Why is that?

To me, one of the reasons is PCB design is normally not covered in college classes. It is simple and not much theory behind it. In addition, doing PCB design means you have to get the board made somewhere and test/debug the board by yourself to learn the lesson, which is difficult for a self learner.

Finding a company, working in a team, and learning from others is always the best way. If you can't do so or at least not at the begining, it doesn't mean game over.
read book, find and use eda tool, use others' boards, etc. **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back