Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth communication help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sputnik

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My lastest project is an ambitious one. I plan to build my own MP3 player for use in my car. The PIC will read the MP3 files from an MMC card and send the data to the MP3 decoder chip. I plan to have a bluetooth link to my PC so that I can upload songs from my computer to my car. I choose bluetooth as I hope that I may be able to use it with a bluetooth enabled phone to transfer music files.

My problem now is that I'm going use bluetooth chips that have two pins that are used for antennae. What type of antenna would be suitable for the application? A simple track on the PCB or a certain length of wire?

Also, I need to know the bluetooth protocol that cellphones' use so as to incorporate that into the PIC coding to allow transfer of songs between MP3 player and cellphone.

Thanks,
Sputnik :?:

Hi Sputnik,

Normally the bluetooth antenna used by cell phone is inverter F antenna, you can make it by a small PCB. You need to try some length of the inverter F antenna to tune the return loss and efficiency. The volume of the antenna is about 2mm in width and 22mm in length.

For the protocol of bluetooth, you can refer to the official website: h**ps://www.bluetooth.org/ Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back