Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BJT Icbo delta after burn in testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

webharvest

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wasn't sure where to post this so here goes. I have a standard BJT that the manufacture did pre and post burn in testing of and I noticed the Icbo change fairly significantly between the pre and post data. Pre data was around 300pA and post data was around 980pA. I'm biasing these transistors around 10mA so the increased leakage current won't effect my circuit much but I'm wondering if this increase is indicative of a reliability issue with the devices.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Is it consistent across the population? That might indicate
a charging / contamination issue (if the control units did not
drift). But sub-nA leakages can have many sources and test
hardware is one.

A single unit that went out-of-family might be ESD/EOSed.
Whether this is hard (current track) or soft (oxide charging)
you could probably tell by an additional high temp bake.

No it isn't consistent. Some devices went down by 300-400pA and others went up. I do like your question regarding control samples. I need to ask them if they keep control samples and measured them for comparison. When you are measuring pA I'm sure it is a touchy measurement. I will ask the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.