Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

biomedical sensor network for cardiovascular disease and activity fitness

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakuntala

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
biomedical sensor network

hi, my project is "biomedical sensor network for cardiovascular fitness and activity monitoring. in that i have to send temperature value measured by lm35 through zigbee to receiver side zigbee. please give me some idea. it will really help me a lot.

Re: biomedical sensor network

which micro controller are you using????

Why LM35? Use DS1822. Only two wires needed, CRC checking and no limitation for devices on bus.

i'm using pic 16f877a.

- - - Updated - - -

pls give some idea abt wireless communication b/w two zigbee and how to program it?

For bio-medical application better use Bluetooth for wireless communication. I strongly recommend you LMX9838 can be interface serially with any microcontroller.

can't we interface zigbee with pic 16f877a

For bio-medical application better use Bluetooth for wireless communication. I strongly recommend you LMX9838 can be interface serially with any microcontroller.
Why? NRF24L01 will be better.

sir we purchased xbee cc2500.can we interface it with pic microcontroller 16f877a

sir we executed the temperature sensor program in mplab and that built successfully. but in proteus also no error but it didn't display the temperature value. pls give idea sir.....,

I don't know whether Zigbee is same as XBee or XBee Pro. I have used XBee Pro (bought from rhydolabz) and interfaced with PIC18F's UART. XBee/Pro needs configuration using XCTU software. Please Zip and post your MPLAB project files and also the Proteus file and mention which compiler you are using. I can help you with mikroC PRO PIC code. You can easily port it to other C compilers.

nRF24L01 will be cheaper but I have no experience with nRF. I have only used nRF successfully with Arduino.

XBee/Pro are 3.3V device. Maybe Zigbee are also 3.3V device. If yes, and if you have interfaced Zigbee to PIC16F877A without voltage level translators then maybe your Zigbee is already damaged.

Even nRF24L01 is a 3.3V device. If your RF module is a 3.3V device then see if PIC16LF877A or any other 3.3V PIC is available.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you are using this module.

**broken link removed**

If yes then it is a 3.3V device. I have used this module but I don't remember much. The module has two different voltages. One is higher and it is for doing configuration. The other is for after config. There is some AT commands to configure the module pair. Just configure both modules as transreceivers. Some body had interfaced this module to 6V PIC and its UART was damaged and it was giving out some AT response continuously. So, never connect it directly to a 5V PIC. Use a 3.3V PIC.

Last edited:

SIR,
i dumped the program in pic 16f877a using TOPWIN. whether i have to add pullup register to pic microcontroller to work or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back